Friday, September 18, 2009

el Cheltain

On the road again – 4 hours to el Cheltain – a small village in the centre of a gorgeous national park

almost there!

6533 – After dropping our stuff at the hostel we set out to see the Glacier – six hour hike.



that is the glacier we are aiming for.

getting closer

closer still

there she is – just on the other side of this lake - we stopped for a snack before heading back



back to town

The next day I set out on some small hikes alone, because I sprained my ankle slightly the day before and very unfortunately couldn’t attempt the crazy 10 hour hike Patricia and Lulu wanted to do. The park ranger assured me it was fine to hike alone there and that “no one here will do anything to you” He didn’t mention if the puma’s would anything to me - but I decided to take the chance.









then I wandered around town a bit

then we went out for dinner – this was squash filled giant ravioli smothered in butter and parmesan – it was so so so good – the perfect last meal before the 36 hour bus ride north to Bariloche. Along the famous route 3 through the desert – the scenery was not very variable, but it was very beautifull – one night we had the sun setting on one side of the highway and a full moon rising on the other… pretty awesome.

No comments: